System: davetromp.net – old
Description: – A manually traded system.
– Using only SMAs and the RSI to gage the trend.
– Trading mainly in the direction of the trend, but not always.
– Using support and resistance and price action to determine entry and exit levels.
– Applying money management, looking at risk-reward ratios, do correct position sizing
– Take note of news events and major fundamentals
Type of Trading: Real
Started: Dec 31, 2014
Tracking: 2 users
Currency Pairs: AUDUSD, BCOUSD, DE10YBEUR, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURTRY, EURUSD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NATGASUSD, NL25EUR, NZDUSD, SPX500USD, US2000USD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY, WTICOUSD, XAGUSD, XAUUSD
Essentials: The davetromp.net – old system has made 196 trades with an average winning trade of 5067.72 pips / €8.37, the average losing trade around -1938.66 pips / -€5.41 and an average trade length of 1d.
The best trade it ever had was (Jun 16) 162130.0 in pips and the worst trade was (Feb 09) -67470.0 in pips.
It has won (39/91) 42% of its attempted buys and (52/105) 49% of its attempted sells.
Pros & Cons
- Its average win is larger than 10 pips which is usually a good thing.
- Drawdown has been kept under 30% which is good.
- Uses a potentially huge and dangerous stop loss.